Firefox 3.5 is fully loaded with new features. I’m enjoying the new browser on my personal laptop but not on my work pc as few plugins are not yet fully compatible with the new version.
One of nice features introduced in Firefox 3.5 is the ability to keep Firefox open when the last tab is closed. This behavior is not enabled in the default Firefox 3.5 installation but it can be activated with a simple configuration change.
Here are the steps to be followed for keeping the Firefox open when the last tab is closed
- Type about:config in the address bar
- Firefox displays a warning message, Accept it; Firefox displays a list of configurations
- Find the key browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab and double click it to toggle the default value from false to true.
- Close the configuration tab
- That’s all. Now Firefox should no longer close when the last tab is closed
2 thoughts on “How To Keep Firefox Open When Closing the Last Tab”
not working for me…
do you have firefox 3.5 version? it works only in Firefox 3.5.