Aim : Earlier this summer, Optimism offered an airdrop to users. Let’s examine the airdrop after a few months.
- How many users claimed optimism airdrop?
- How much of total airdrop was claimed?
- How many wallets are still holding tokens from airdrop?
- How much of users delegated their OPs?
What is Optimism? How does it works ?
There are several scaling solutions for layer 2. One of them is optimism. Optimistic rollups use a technology that bundles large amounts of data into digestible chunks for easy consumption. Along with other layer 2s, such as Arbitrum, optimism is much cheaper to use than Ethereum. Ethereum mainnet layer 2 is enhanced with an optimism chain. Whose data is published on mainnet for verification but transactions are conducted on optimism. Optimism uses a technique called rollups, more specifically optimistic rollups.A rollup is simply a compilation of the data from several transactions into a single transaction on Ethereum mainnet (layer 1). They can be used for non-fungible token (NFT) mints, token swaps, etc. When so many transactions are rolled up into a single transaction, the blockchain transaction, or gas fee required to pay comes down to only one transaction, conveniently distributed across everyone involved.
This technology is known as a rollup, and it relies on the principle that it is valid until it is proven false. Potentially invalid transactions can be challenged by providing a “fraud proof” and running the computations of the transactions with reference to state data during a certain time period. As a result of optimism, gas is reimbursed for running the fraud proof calculation.
How and who will get the $OP Airdrop Tokens?
As part of Airdrop #1, the Optimism Foundation rewarded loyal users and early adopters of Optimism projects. To qualify for the airdrop, you had to swap tokens on Optimism’s blockchain and vote on governance proposals before March 25, 2022. On May 31, Optimism launched its OP token. Based on official Optimism docs, 248,699 addresses were eligible to claim 214,748,364.80 free OP tokens.
It’s been a while since we heard about Optimism’s airdrop to users earlier this summer. Optimism officially tweeted about the launch at 5:45 p.m. ET, hours after the smart contract was already deployed and the token began trading on both decentralized and centralized exchanges. Furthermore, we can see from the tweet below that $OP Airdrop will be live on May 31st 2022. You can claim $OP Tokens by following this guide.
(✨🔴_🔴✨) $OP AIRDROP IS LIVE 🪂— olimpio.lens ⚡️ (@OlimpioCrypto) May 31, 2022
2 minutes ago, $OP became claimable in @optimismPBC, and tradable on several exchanges
Thread: all you need to know about the so hyped launch
Claim right now:
Our dashboard shows the progress of the OP airdrop over the next few months after the airdrop was completed. Here is how we approached it:
- Find the total number of airdropped tokens
- Amount of OP claimed
- So far, the number of people who have claimed
- Users who are still eligible for the airdrop
- We’ll check the number of Airdrop Eligible Users, Airdrop Claimers, Delegated Claimers and Claimers with OP Tokens
- Number of people claiming every day
- Amount of claims made each day
- On a daily basis, claimed OP
- Average claimed OP on daily basis
- Daily percentage of Claimers and Claimed OP
- According to this, the OP has claimed 158.66M so far.
- The number of Airdrop Eligible Users is 248.70K.
- There were 149.04K claims between May 31, 2022 and September 28, 2022. It was observed on June 1, 2022, that the maximum number of Claimers was 73.06K, and that the minimum number of Claimers was 15 on September 19, 2022. Compared to their previous days, there were fewer claims on June 2, 2022 and June 3, 2022, but more on July 28, 2022 and June 1, 2022.
- 158.66 million OP claims were made between May 31, 2022 and September 28, 2022. A maximum of 68.78M claimed OP was observed on June 1, 2022, and a minimum of 8.8K claimed OP was observed on September 21, 2022.
- An average claimed OP of 1.47K was observed on May 31, 2022, and a minimum claimed OP of 466.04 was observed on August 18, 2022.
- The number of users who have claimed optimism airdrop is 149.04K, based on our analysis.
- The total number of airdropped tokens that have been claimed is: 214.75M.
- As of this writing article, there are 64.27K claimers holding OP Tokens.
- The number of Delegated Claimers are : 105.01K
with airdrop_total as ( select 214748364.80 as airdrop_total_amount, 248699 as airdrop_eligible_users ),airdrop_claim as ( SELECT tx_hash, tx_status, BLOCK_TIMESTAMP, date_trunc(day, block_timestamp) as date, event_inputs :recipient as wallet, event_inputs :amount / 1e18 as claimed_amount from optimism.core.fact_event_logs where origin_to_address = '0xfedfaf1a10335448b7fa0268f56d2b44dbd357de' and origin_function_signature = '0x2e7ba6ef' and event_name = 'Claimed' and tx_status = 'SUCCESS' ), daily as ( select date, count(tx_hash) as claims, count(distinct wallet) as claimers, sum(claimed_amount) as claimed_op, avg(claimed_amount) as avg_claimed_op, sum(claimed_op) over(order by date) as cum_claimed_op, sum(claimers) over(order by date) as cum_claimers from airdrop_claim GROUP BY date ), result as ( SELECT *, (cum_claimed_op / airdrop_total_amount) * 100 as claimed_op_perc, airdrop_total_amount - cum_claimed_op as pending_op, ( cum_claimers / airdrop_eligible_users) * 100 as claimer_perc, airdrop_eligible_users - cum_claimers as pending_claimers FROM daily INNER JOIN airdrop_total ) SELECT * FROM result