It was offical on Sunday that Intel decided to cut prices on its processors line up starting from the latest Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium dual-core, Celeron to even server chip Xeon. There is no direct comment as to why the price cut has been had made. Some suggest that it could be to boost up sales due to bad economy or it could be to get along with the latest processors introduced by AMD – Phenom II “Dragon” which is priced at $275
Here is the list of price cuts for the Intel processor line up. Thinking
of buying an intel based computer? Its good time to do it now.
- Quad-core chips Q9650 (3.00GHz) was reduced 40%, to $316 from $530
- Mobile Celeron 570 (2.00GHz) was reduced 48%, to $70 from $134
- Xeon processors X3370 (3.00GHz) was reduced 40% to $316 from $530.
- Pentium dual-core E5200 was reduced 24% to $64 from $84.
- Mobile Core 2 Duo P8600 was reduced 13% to $209 from $241.