The Finnish mobile giant Nokia announced today partnership with Microsoft to release smartphones using Windows Phone 7 mobile platform.
The alliance is expected to give much needed support and advantage for both the companies. The once leader of mobile phone industry, Nokia, has lost most of its market share to iPhone and Android smartphones in the recent past. Microsoft has also re-designed it’s Windows mobile OS last year to regain it’s lost momentum in the Mobile OS market. Below are few of the highlights of the deal
- Nokia smartphones will be powered by Windows Phone 7 OS
- Microsoft to develop Mobile office for Nokia phones
- Nokia mobiles to support Enterprise instant messaging and optimized conferencing using the Microsoft Office Communicator Mobile
- Support for network connectivity using Microsoft share point server
- Integration with Microsoft System Centre