Apple generally don’t let its users to play with their devices, but seems to be these days there are few things slipping through the nets. Smart users are able find some hacks and enable new features on iOS devices! Few days ago we heard about the hidden panorama feature built into iOS 5 and it could be enabled on a jail broken device.
Here come another hidden feature unearthed by a smart geek in iOS 5 : enable Android style auto-correction on on-screen keyboard. Luckily to enable this feature you don’t need to jailbreak, all you need to do is to take backup of your device, edit a file and restore it back. Boom! That’s it.
To enable auto corrections feature on the on-screen keyboard of iOS 5 follow these steps
- Download iBackupBot and install it on your machine. It’s works on both Windows and Mac OS X.
- Backup your iPhone, iPod, or iPad with iTunes – plug in your iOS device and sync it.
- Open iBackupBot, locate your most recent backup and click on it
- Scroll down to Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboard.plist and double-click on it.
- Replace everything between the two <dict> with the following
- Save the plist file, then hit the "Restore From Backup" button in iBackupbot.
- Reboot your device to see the auto correction feature in action on your device’s on-screen keyboard.