On October 2nd of every year Mahathma Gandhi’s birthday is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanthi in India and International Day of Non-Violence in the rest of the world.
To mark this special occasion Google decorated it’s search engine home page with a special doodle(logo) of Gandhi. That’s a nice gesture from Google to recognize a great person like Mahatma who achieved Independence to his country through non-violence.
Here are few quotes of Gandhi and the first one is my favorite
- You must be the change you want to see in the world.
- An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
- I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life.
- Hate the sin, love the sinner.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
You can read more quotes of Gandhi here