Samsung has recently released a firmware upgrade for “Samsung Galaxy Ace” smartphone which allows us to upgrade the phone’s operating system to “Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread” the latest from Google.
I have successfully upgraded my “Samsung Galaxy Ace” smart phone today with the simple steps given below. The upgrade was very smooth and took about 30 min time (it may vary depends on your internet connection).
Upgrade Steps for Galaxy Ace To Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- Download and install the latest version of Samsung Kies software
- Connect the phone to computer using the USB cable and wait for “kies” to detect the phone and establish the connection
- On successful detection of the phone it will notify and prompt for the firmware upgrade. Click “OK” to start the upgrade process
- Next screen , it will prompt for the backup of you Contacts & Bookmarks to the computer. do ensure this is done so that you can recover if upgrade is unsuccessful.
- After taking the backup , It will start downloading the updates into the phone and completes the installation.
- Restart the phone and go the Settings ->About Phone-> Android version. You can see Android version is 2.3.4. You can also see the change in the UI and wall papers on successful upgrade.
Please ensure the phone is not disconnected till the upgrade is completed.