Many of us who have the iPhone/iPod are still struggling to install free applications available in the iTunes store. The problem is either we don’t have a credit card to create the account or may be the free application is not available in our country’s iTunes store(most of the free apps are available for US users only).
To solve both the problems there is way in which we can create iTunes account as a US user and also skip entering credit card details. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Launch iTunes application on your computer
- Select “iTunes Store” from the left side panel options; displays iTunes Store home page.
- Select United States as your location from the country selection drop down menu available at the bottom of the page
- After choosing the country, click on "Top Free Apps" section
- When the application’s page is loaded – click on "Get App" button; login window will appear.
- Click on the "create account" button
- Fill out US address details and click on continue. If you don’t know any valid US address you can use Apple US retail store address by pointing your browser to http://www.apple.com/retail/ and choosing a store from the list available in the page
- After submitting valid US postal address details, iTune Store registration takes you to payment mode page. Here choose the option "None" and finish the registration.
- You will now see the congratulation page.You’re done! Your iTunes Store account is created without credit card and from now onwards you can download all the free applications available to US users from any country.
Note: If you try and create an account directly from the logon box, you will be missing the option called "None" in the payment page, and you end up in compulsory submitting your credit card details.
Related: How To Add Missing iTunes Album Art