This is the first mobile device released on the Android 4.0 platform which is aimed to providing an unified interface for mobile and tablet devices. Samsung also has made a smart move by designing this phone without event a single button on front side thus making it the first phone that does require a physical button for OS operations.
There is an exciting list of Hardware & Software changes introduced in “Nexus -Ice Cream Sandwich”. Some of the feature list is given below
- 1.2 GHz TIOMAP dual core processor
- 4.5 inch super AMOLED display with a HD resolution of 1280×720
- Support for High speed LTE networks as well as HSPA+ networks
- 1 GB RAM
- 5 MP Camera on the back side with 1080p video recording( little disappointment
- 1.3 MP Camera on the front
- Interface similar to Honeycomb tablet
- Google developed new font “Roboto”
- Android browser with support for Offline page viewing
- People App – a new interface like Windows phone metro UI which allows you to easily manage the contacts
- Support for Image recognition
- Faster Camera with new panorama feature
This model will be released in Japan on Nov 11 in both 16 GB & 32 GB versions. The international release dates are yet to be announced.